Did you know?
When you decide to buy a home, your REALTOR® will talk to you about “closing costs,” the extra charges and taxes you’ll pay in addition to the purchase price of your home. The heftiest of these is the Property Transfer Tax, or PTT. The good news is most first-time buyers are exempt from the tax. The PTT is paid to the BC government and is calculated at 1% of the first $200,000 of the purchase price, plus 2% of any remainder. For example, on a $400,000 home,… Read more
- Restrictive covenants on your property title – what you need to know
- What’s in the BC Budget for home buyers?
- New rules for the capital gains Principal Residence Exemption
- Foreign buyer tax exemption coming for those with work permits
- 10 Facts about the new BC Mortgage Loan program for first-time buyers